Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Owner Statement - Bridges being burnt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Craig_1986



Joined: 18 Jun 2011
Posts: 1804

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effect on David Goodwillie and his family is HIS own doing, no one elses. Simply don't rape someone and things would be fine. Pretty sensible approach I'm sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Offside!



Joined: 21 Aug 2016
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuparman wrote:
If people cannot acknowledge the harm that some supporters who have continually had a go at the club to the point that it has been on the national TV in Scotland/England and subsequently MUST have had an effect on his family who are totally innocent, then you are unbelievable.......tangible evidence??......so you won’ t accept that all this HUGELY damaging press/tv coverage has had a tangible effect on his family, what do you require? Do you need for his wife/ relatives to actually come on here to tell you the effect that it has had on them.......unbelievable!.
It is not a point of view, it is a fact, and to say otherwise is defending the indefensible.
That is my last word on this subject.
Crying or Very sad


Not to put the cat amongst the pigeons, but would you hold back from condemning openly Harold Shipman, Jimmy Saville, Gary Glitter etc, in case it affects their families?
Wink

I am one of those sickened by the clubs actions, was finally coming round to 'letting it go', but then Sim relights the fire....
HE should have just let it go. Why he brought it all back up again is madness....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Big Alex



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 498
Location: Cotswolds

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate". I would imagine that opinions are so entrenched and nothing either side of the argument can say will convince the other to alter their position. Yes Mr Sim should have kept shtum, but as many have said on this everyone is entitled to their view, and that was his, like it or not. I'm assuming he was asked for the interview/comment, I can't believe/imagine that he would have volunteered. Could be wrong though.
_________________
Keeping the Faith (and the Missionary work!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Offside!



Joined: 21 Aug 2016
Posts: 352

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Alex wrote:
Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate"..


Unfortunately you are wrong. So wrong. I cannot be the only one getting Rape Rovers etc flung at them by workmates and people we know as fans of other clubs.
Constantly. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7850
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably shows the mentality of your workmates if thats what there coming out with
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cuparman



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1558
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offside! wrote:
Big Alex wrote:
Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate"..


Unfortunately you are wrong. So wrong. I cannot be the only one getting Rape Rovers etc flung at them by workmates and people we know as fans of other clubs.
Constantly. Crying or Very sad


I don’t believe that Clyde went through the public humiliation RRFC have gone through.
The storm that RRFC has gone through is because a large number of keyboard warriors decided that unless all those that were “ guilty” dropped to their knees and repented publicly for taking action that was hoped would grant all their supporters what they really wanted.......getting into the premiership, but alas, this is not how it turned out and the people whose sense of justice is that despite in the eyes of criminal law......he is NOT guilty of rape but is in the civil court where 1 man decided that he probably/ possibly did rape the poor woman, is totally swept under the carpet.
I wonder, just being devils advocate here, if he was a trans/gay /person of colour....... would people have taken the same stance.

Methinks to do that could well leave said posters open to discrimination charges based SOLELY on a lack of evidence and lack of a criminal conviction.

Search your soles before you post I would suggest.
_________________
Born a Rover Live a Rover Die a Rover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
stan drew rover



Joined: 05 Jun 2017
Posts: 738
Location: Work it out!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuparman wrote:
Offside! wrote:
Big Alex wrote:
Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate"..


Unfortunately you are wrong. So wrong. I cannot be the only one getting Rape Rovers etc flung at them by workmates and people we know as fans of other clubs.
Constantly. Crying or Very sad


I don’t believe that Clyde went through the public humiliation RRFC have gone through.
The storm that RRFC has gone through is because a large number of keyboard warriors decided that unless all those that were “ guilty” dropped to their knees and repented publicly for taking action that was hoped would grant all their supporters what they really wanted.......getting into the premiership, but alas, this is not how it turned out and the people whose sense of justice is that despite in the eyes of criminal law......he is NOT guilty of rape but is in the civil court where 1 man decided that he probably/ possibly did rape the poor woman, is totally swept under the carpet.
I wonder, just being devils advocate here, if he was a trans/gay /person of colour....... would people have taken the same stance.

Methinks to do that could well leave said posters open to discrimination charges based SOLELY on a lack of evidence and lack of a criminal conviction.

Search your soles before you post I would suggest.


My bold highlight above picks out the most arrogant, arrant nonsense of a statement put out on this forum/topic yet. Not only does Cuparman insist he is right by trying to dress up opinion as fact (in previous posts), now he's trying to say that he knows the inner thoughts and motivation of everyone who has a differing opinion from him on the subject.

If that's what we have to put up with by way of argument, no wonder supporters are divided on the issue
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10023
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuparman wrote:
Offside! wrote:
Big Alex wrote:
Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate"..


Unfortunately you are wrong. So wrong. I cannot be the only one getting Rape Rovers etc flung at them by workmates and people we know as fans of other clubs.
Constantly. Crying or Very sad


I don’t believe that Clyde went through the public humiliation RRFC have gone through.
The storm that RRFC has gone through is because a large number of keyboard warriors decided that unless all those that were “ guilty” dropped to their knees and repented publicly for taking action that was hoped would grant all their supporters what they really wanted.......getting into the premiership, but alas, this is not how it turned out and the people whose sense of justice is that despite in the eyes of criminal law......he is NOT guilty of rape but is in the civil court where 1 man decided that he probably/ possibly did rape the poor woman, is totally swept under the carpet.
I wonder, just being devils advocate here, if he was a trans/gay /person of colour....... would people have taken the same stance.

Methinks to do that could well leave said posters open to discrimination charges based SOLELY on a lack of evidence and lack of a criminal conviction.

Search your soles before you post I would suggest.


You have the part in bold wrong.

His appeal was heard by a panel of 3 and was denied thus reinforcing the verdict.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
westover



Joined: 01 Jan 2010
Posts: 96

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To my shame and embarrassment, I can't stop buying the 'Courier'. Any fellow travellers should read a letter from Bob Taylor in today's issue. It's time to put this to bed-it's corrosive and divisive, and doing nobody any good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wellyboot



Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 2091
Location: Aberdeenshire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuparman wrote:
Offside! wrote:
Big Alex wrote:
Agreed Bisto/Offside.............however, it is we on this forum that persist in perpetuating this whole "debate"..


Unfortunately you are wrong. So wrong. I cannot be the only one getting Rape Rovers etc flung at them by workmates and people we know as fans of other clubs.
Constantly. Crying or Very sad


I don’t believe that Clyde went through the public humiliation RRFC have gone through.
The storm that RRFC has gone through is because a large number of keyboard warriors decided that unless all those that were “ guilty” dropped to their knees and repented publicly for taking action that was hoped would grant all their supporters what they really wanted.......getting into the premiership, but alas, this is not how it turned out and the people whose sense of justice is that despite in the eyes of criminal law......he is NOT guilty of rape but is in the civil court where 1 man decided that he probably/ possibly did rape the poor woman, is totally swept under the carpet.
I wonder, just being devils advocate here, if he was a trans/gay /person of colour....... would people have taken the same stance.

Methinks to do that could well leave said posters open to discrimination charges based SOLELY on a lack of evidence and lack of a criminal conviction.

Search your soles before you post I would suggest.


Most ridiculous post on this entire subject so far!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valleyboy



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Cuparman: ‘That is my last word on this subject’. Unfortunately he even got that wrong and continued with his dinosaur’s comments. Perhaps we should rename our ground ‘Jurassic Park’ to keep people like you, Cuparman, happy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valleyboy



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 380

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if I did search my ‘sole’, Cuparman, I suspect I would find you on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com