Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rovers v Ayr United 05 03 2022
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Matchtalk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 4103
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject: Rovers v Ayr United 05 03 2022 Reply with quote

Another home game giving us the chance to bring this awful winless run to an end.
They'll be smarting after Saturday.
Much better performance from us on Saturday past, but seriously need to get some wins on the board quickly.
If they're fit, I'd consider either Ross or Gullan coming in off the left in place of Zanatta.

1-0 Rovers.

A A F Y A.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strathallan Rover



Joined: 29 Nov 2014
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we show the same urgency as we did on Saturday we stand a good chance of getting that long awaited win. I agree, play Ross on the left and put Gullan and Zanatta on the bench. Also, i hope we play the same direct style as we did against Partick. Everything crossed we don't pick up needless injuries at Killie on Wednesday. It's more important to get 3pts on Saurday.

I agree A A F Y A.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WillieKirk



Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 1782
Location: Portobello

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notwithstanding current events in the world - I can understand there isnt a lot of enthusiasm for football right now. Hopefully we can get a first win in the league of 2022. Would like to see Arnott get a start but unlikely I imagine.

I would also A A Y etc but I have no idea what it means.
_________________
Here Wee go again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 1027
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, SG and SR, how people view games differently!
Thought Dario had his best game for ages and carried a threat. Don't see JMcG dropping him ,just as he was showing some good form.
After the last one and a half games, pretty sure we will get that elusive win on Saturday, albeit our defence and defensive midfielders will have to avoid giving the same space for counter-attack as was afforded to Killie.
C'mon The Rovers!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 12209
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WillieKirk wrote:
Notwithstanding current events in the world - I can understand there isnt a lot of enthusiasm for football right now. Hopefully we can get a first win in the league of 2022. Would like to see Arnott get a start but unlikely I imagine.

I would also A A F Y etc but I have no idea what it means.

Ayr, Ayr, (too naughty!), Your Ayr!
A word to do with unlawful carnal knowledge 😲🤫
Hope this helps WK?
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2488
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now folks know we can play long ball as well, it will be important to mix it up a bit or we risk getting found out again.

First 15 minutes we either have to contain them by playing passing football and making them chase the ball (always at the risk of losing it) or we try to get behind them and get the wing backs playing long diagonals across the pitch to the opposite wingers or down the channels to their own wingers.

Either way we risk losing the ball, irrespective, our wingers and/or wing backs must be attacking the back post when crosses come in from the other side with at least one midfielder attacking the penalty spot area too.

I know that many modern managers split the games into 15 minute chunks but with the flexibility to have a couple of plans for each chunk.

Certainly our dead ball delivery could be better, and more varied.

With Ross, Connolly, Williamson and Zanatta available, which ever two start should be running their guts out for 45 mins, to the point of chucking up, knowing there are fresh legs to come on after them. Loads of pace and loads of energy from the first whistle please
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 3027
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
Now folks know we can play long ball as well, it will be important to mix it up a bit or we risk getting found out again.

First 15 minutes we either have to contain them by playing passing football and making them chase the ball (always at the risk of losing it) or we try to get behind them and get the wing backs playing long diagonals across the pitch to the opposite wingers or down the channels to their own wingers.

Either way we risk losing the ball, irrespective, our wingers and/or wing backs must be attacking the back post when crosses come in from the other side with at least one midfielder attacking the penalty spot area too.

I know that many modern managers split the games into 15 minute chunks but with the flexibility to have a couple of plans for each chunk.

Certainly our dead ball delivery could be better, and more varied.

With Ross, Connolly, Williamson and Zanatta available, which ever two start should be running their guts out for 45 mins, to the point of chucking up, knowing there are fresh legs to come on after them. Loads of pace and loads of energy from the first whistle please


You want pace, start Arnott and then bring on Spencer about the 60 mark. Or play Arnott behind Varian or Pops, with Ross and Gullan or Connolly wide.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2488
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxRover wrote:
red zebra wrote:
Now folks know we can play long ball as well, it will be important to mix it up a bit or we risk getting found out again.

First 15 minutes we either have to contain them by playing passing football and making them chase the ball (always at the risk of losing it) or we try to get behind them and get the wing backs playing long diagonals across the pitch to the opposite wingers or down the channels to their own wingers.

Either way we risk losing the ball, irrespective, our wingers and/or wing backs must be attacking the back post when crosses come in from the other side with at least one midfielder attacking the penalty spot area too.

I know that many modern managers split the games into 15 minute chunks but with the flexibility to have a couple of plans for each chunk.

Certainly our dead ball delivery could be better, and more varied.

With Ross, Connolly, Williamson and Zanatta available, which ever two start should be running their guts out for 45 mins, to the point of chucking up, knowing there are fresh legs to come on after them. Loads of pace and loads of energy from the first whistle please


You want pace, start Arnott and then bring on Spencer about the 60 mark. Or play Arnott behind Varian or Pops, with Ross and Gullan or Connolly wide.


Unlikely Varian will start, equally unlikely (for reasons only known to McGlynn) that Poplatnik will start, therefore assume Gullan will get the 9 role where in fact it would be better (IMHO) if Pops got the 9 and Gullan at 10 supporting Pops, then if either tires, bring in Arnott at 10. Spencer needs to sit in the middle and dictate play which is fine if you go for a narrow 3 with Rosco and Stanton, but which one will attack the box? Stanton the more cultured and level headed for sure but Rosco can strike a ball well given a little time and space.

Things could be worse, we could be the pars!
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scotty



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 8905
Location: Almost Dysart.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varian & Ross to start.
_________________
Competitive goals: Connolly 15, Gullan 7, Easton 7, Vaughan 7, Stanton 6, Akio 3, Brown 3, Dick 3, Connell 2, Goncalves 2, McBride 2 ,McGill 2,OG 2, Frederiksen 1, Lang 1, Nolan 1,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raith2020



Joined: 02 Jul 2021
Posts: 117

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
Unlikely Varian will start, equally unlikely (for reasons only known to McGlynn) that Poplatnik will start, therefore assume Gullan will get the 9 role where in fact it would be better (IMHO) if Pops got the 9 and Gullan at 10 supporting Pops, then if either tires, bring in Arnott at 10. Spencer needs to sit in the middle and dictate play which is fine if you go for a narrow 3 with Rosco and Stanton, but which one will attack the box? Stanton the more cultured and level headed for sure but Rosco can strike a ball well given a little time and space.

Things could be worse, we could be the pars!


Pops to start tomorrow in that Number 9 role.


Last edited by Raith2020 on Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 12209
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An absolute must win after tonight's result.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Northern_Rover



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2666
Location: Granite City

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually not a must win game we will be battling for 4th with ICT and them getting beat keeps that going no matter what happens tomorrow.

A win would be brilliant no doubt but it's not a win or bust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armagh Rover



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 5556
Location: Nottinghamshire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 points tomorrow would certainly keep us in the hunt, our next home game after that is against cally with QoS away sandwiched in between
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4774

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is surely our tenth or eleventh 'must win' of the season. It has to be the most over used term in football. Having said that if we can't win tomorrow you wonder when or if we will win again in the league. As it is in actually feeling supremely confident about tomorrow's result. A corner was turned on Wednesday.
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 4103
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An Ayr fan on the other channel saying this is our fourth game against them this season and it'll be the fourth different manager we've faced.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Matchtalk All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com