Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fife Flyers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Any Other Business
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
billkmc



Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty wrote:
billkmc wrote:
Saturday night saw Flyers beat braehead in front of a little over 2600. Unfortunately it wasnít the best game to watch but it was a tense night with Flyers clinching it 3-2 in over time with goals from Finucci, Bloodoff x2.

Sunday Fife headed through to braehead for the return fixture and once again proved to good for the clan. Early on fife looked like they were struggling to get out of first gear but were still comfortably the better side. The longer the game went on the Flyers took over more and ran out comfortable 4-1 winners with goals from Stockton, Gauthier, Bloodoff x2.

So thatís Flyers up to third in the league and increasing their lead at the top of the conference. Cup action next as Flyers travel over to Belfast on Tuesday night.


Were you in Belfast?


Nope thankfully, unfortunately I donít think the team was either Laughing
A rather embarrassing night for the guys over there. But hopefully it will waken up the coach to use the whole bench and not over play the imports, it should also be a wake up call to the owners that as the top sides strengthen their squads Flyers will have to as well or they will fall behind the pack.
The only plus from the game if any can be taken was that 18 year old Kirkcaldy lad Chad Smith got man of the match for the Flyers.
But even after such a bad night Iím still confident we should take the points against the Caps on Saturday. Hopefully the guys come out wanting to prove a point that Belfast was a blip as we canít afford to drop conference points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billkmc



Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And after I post this Flyers announce the signing of Canadian forward Brady Ramsay. I donít know if it means Stocktonís injury is worse than expected or if itís to give Dutes and Hutchy the option to rotate the squad and rest players, either way itís certainly a relief to see the owners loosen the purse strings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billkmc



Joined: 08 Jul 2011
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a long in coming but Flyers clinched the Gardiner Conference title last weekend. They needed to take 5 points from 3 games and what a way to do it.
They traveled to braehead on Friday and won 6-3 then had a double header against Dundee, after a comfortable 7-0 home win on the Saturday they headed to Dundee knowing a point would clinch the title.
Well they certainly didnít make it easy on my heart, 4-1 up and cruising they they were pegged back to lead 5-4. Dundee equalised with under 2 minutes to go and all looked lost when Dundee scored again with 46 seconds left but Flyers replied almost instantly and equalised with 16 seconds left. Regulation time ended and Fife had the point they needed and got the extra point in over time to win 7-6. It was certainly and exciting weekend but not good for your health Very Happy
Heres a link to the highlights it anyone wants to relive my stress.
https://youtu.be/e-9le63RvDg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarksBarmy



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 3618

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many teams are in that competition? 4?

Congrats Flyers :/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AuthorUnknown



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 5771
Location: KY1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it not get a bit repetitive playing the same sides so often. How many times do you play the likes of Dundee in a season? It must be pushing double figures?
_________________
If I were a fighter I'd probably kick your ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AuthorUnknown



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 5771
Location: KY1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a slightly related matter, what about that Elise Christie? She hits the deck easier than Dario Zannatta.
_________________
If I were a fighter I'd probably kick your ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3879
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's better to win the conference as come last, but it would be a bit like having three conferences within the Premier league and Aberdeen winning the North conference based solely on results against Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee, whereas the real measure would be the league including Celtic and the Rangers.
Flyers are having a good season, but the real success would be a top four finish against the big guns in the league rather than winning a competition based on results against teams sitting 8th, 9th and bottom of a 12 team league.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealNotFizz



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 1358
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specky Ginger wrote:
It's better to win the conference as come last, but it would be a bit like having three conferences within the Premier league and Aberdeen winning the North conference based solely on results against Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee, whereas the real measure would be the league including Celtic and the Rangers.
Flyers are having a good season, but the real success would be a top four finish against the big guns in the league rather than winning a competition based on results against teams sitting 8th, 9th and bottom of a 12 team league.

Then they're not doing too badly then. Currently 4th with games in hand over the top 3.

2nd best points percentage in league at the moment too.

http://elite.wttstats.pointstreak.com/standings.html?leagueid=2115&seasonid=17273&cs=1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3879
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuthorUnknown wrote:
On a slightly related matter, what about that Elise Christie? She hits the deck easier than Dario Zannatta.


Surely questions have to be asked about the level of funding (over £4m) pumped into a minority sport where the supposed elite performer is disqualified in 4 out of 6 races in the last two Winter Olympics.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3879
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealNotFizz wrote:
Specky Ginger wrote:
It's better to win the conference as come last, but it would be a bit like having three conferences within the Premier league and Aberdeen winning the North conference based solely on results against Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee, whereas the real measure would be the league including Celtic and the Rangers.
Flyers are having a good season, but the real success would be a top four finish against the big guns in the league rather than winning a competition based on results against teams sitting 8th, 9th and bottom of a 12 team league.

Then they're not doing too badly then. Currently 4th with games in hand over the top 3.

2nd best points percentage in league at the moment too.

http://elite.wttstats.pointstreak.com/standings.html?leagueid=2115&seasonid=17273&cs=1


Absolutely.
It's a far greater achievement finishing above teams like Nottingham and Sheffield, who have far bigger fan bases and far more resources, than to win some contrived conference.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 9838
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specky Ginger wrote:
AuthorUnknown wrote:
On a slightly related matter, what about that Elise Christie? She hits the deck easier than Dario Zannatta.


Surely questions have to be asked about the level of funding (over £4m) pumped into a minority sport where the supposed elite performer is disqualified in 4 out of 6 races in the last two Winter Olympics.


Her role model apparently.


_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonathan
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AuthorUnknown wrote:
Does it not get a bit repetitive playing the same sides so often. How many times do you play the likes of Dundee in a season? It must be pushing double figures?

4 teams in the Conference and you play each team 4 times at home and 4 times away - 8 games in total.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3879
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan wrote:
AuthorUnknown wrote:
Does it not get a bit repetitive playing the same sides so often. How many times do you play the likes of Dundee in a season? It must be pushing double figures?

4 teams in the Conference and you play each team 4 times at home and 4 times away - 8 games in total.


Yes, but do the Scottish teams not play each other home and away in the cup and then possibly again in the playoffs?
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jonathan
Moderator


Joined: 07 Jul 2008
Posts: 290

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specky Ginger wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
AuthorUnknown wrote:
Does it not get a bit repetitive playing the same sides so often. How many times do you play the likes of Dundee in a season? It must be pushing double figures?

4 teams in the Conference and you play each team 4 times at home and 4 times away - 8 games in total.


Yes, but do the Scottish teams not play each other home and away in the cup and then possibly again in the playoffs?

Gotcha. There is a Challenge Cup where you play home and away too. For some reason, Belfast are in our Group instead of Braehead!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarksBarmy



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 3618

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard much about these guys for a while so done a wee bit digging and they are bottom of table and are currently on a 14 game losing streak!!

Silly competition with no relegation though that awards the top 8 of 10 while the other two just chill out til next season starts, the joys of elite league hockey Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Any Other Business All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com