Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aaron Arnott
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7843
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject: Aaron Arnott Reply with quote

Off to Brechin on loan
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 957
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the best at Brechin, Aaron.
All he needs is gametime and then come back to The Rovers to compete for a place in midfield . Not an easy thing but he's got talent so it's experience that is lacking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 2646
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Arnott Reply with quote

Vinnie wrote:
Off to Brechin on loan


Well below his playing level, so hopefully an immediate and continual starter…plus no Davo to “learn” from.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armagh Rover



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 5398
Location: Nottinghamshire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe needs game-time, but I'd have thought hes far better than Brechins level
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cuparman



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Dunno if he needs toughening up or not, but if he does, methinks he will get his fair share whilst there.

Fingers crossed he does well, learns, and comes back even better and wiser........and in 1piece Wink .

Good luck young man. We will follow your performances whilst with the Brechin.

PS. Last time I was there it was a tattlie pitch Rolling Eyes
Hopefully better now.
_________________
Born a Rover Live a Rover Die a Rover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11962
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll get plenty of toughening up playing with them in the Highland League and be done and dusted before it's dark as they plan on starting games early to save costs on using floodlights. 1pm/1.30pm kick offs incoming.👍
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 434
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I saw of this young man he is indeed a promising prospect. Like others here, I was rather hoping he might get a regular run out with the team, but it looks like he, and we have to be a bit more patient for that.

Does he still train with us on some days? My understanding is Brechin are part time?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11962
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embow wrote:
He'll get plenty of toughening up playing with them in the Highland League and be done and dusted before it's dark as they plan on starting games early to save costs on using floodlights. 1pm/1.30pm kick offs incoming.👍

Possibly may have had a debut against Wick Academy tomorrow until the demise of the late Betty Windsor scuppered sport in Scotland this Saturday.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 957
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that Aaron is not getting much game-time at Brechin. If Rossco's recurrence of
his toe issue has no definite short-term solution, then having Aaron back at SP could be a benefit for
both him and the Club.
Incidentally, none of the loans outward this season seem to have worked out well, with the possible exception of Mitchell (although I have not heard about him,recently )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 434
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely agree Franco.

This young lad showed great prospect in any appearances I witnessed when playing for us. I have to say he is absolutely wasted at Brechin. However my main concern would be a potential total crush of a young player's confidence moving into this league. He is clearly better than this and ought to be training and sometimes playing with our first team.

We need to get him back in the fold and our management team need to show some confidence in this young man. I think he could easily do a really good job for us with consummate ease.

I didn't know he was struggling for a start at Brechin, and if the principle of loaning him out is for the lad to get game time, and he isn't. Well, just bring him home and better use him in our team. He is certainly capable of good performances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 2646
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heilan Rover wrote:
Absolutely agree Franco.

This young lad showed great prospect in any appearances I witnessed when playing for us. I have to say he is absolutely wasted at Brechin. However my main concern would be a potential total crush of a young player's confidence moving into this league. He is clearly better than this and ought to be training and sometimes playing with our first team.

We need to get him back in the fold and our management team need to show some confidence in this young man. I think he could easily do a really good job for us with consummate ease.

I didn't know he was struggling for a start at Brechin, and if the principle of loaning him out is for the lad to get game time, and he isn't. Well, just bring him home and better use him in our team. He is certainly capable of good performances.


Brechin supporters on P&B seem to suggest that he isn’t up to the physicality of the Highland League.

FYI, Mitchell is doing decent at the Rose, almost got a game winner when subbed on at 75 minutes last weekend. Young is alternating with Nicolsen at Elgin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 2646
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnott recalled:

https://www.raithrovers.net/59530/aaron-arnott-returns.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 434
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I am quite happy with the recall of these young players. They all showed good prospect when playing here prior to their loan spells.

Hopefully we can use their obvious skills in the months ahead and possibly re-sign them before someone else does!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Armagh Rover



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 5398
Location: Nottinghamshire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heilan Rover wrote:
To be honest I am quite happy with the recall of these young players. They all showed good prospect when playing here prior to their loan spells.

Hopefully we can use their obvious skills in the months ahead and possibly re-sign them before someone else does!


On that last part of that you can be sure , somewhere along Grangemouth way theres a predator who knows all about them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Neil M



Joined: 16 Aug 2008
Posts: 2324
Location: Aberdeen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armagh Rover wrote:
Heilan Rover wrote:
To be honest I am quite happy with the recall of these young players. They all showed good prospect when playing here prior to their loan spells.

Hopefully we can use their obvious skills in the months ahead and possibly re-sign them before someone else does!


On that last part of that you can be sure , somewhere along Grangemouth way theres a predator who knows all about them


Yup! If they come up and if the wheels were to come of our side (many ways that could happen) I could then picture a poaching-fest!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com