Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Raith v the hoodoo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Matchtalk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Northern_Rover



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2640
Location: Granite City

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three months in and he appears to have recognised we're a bit short up top.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 4002
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without even thinking about the 22 years since we last beat Inverness, here are a couple of horrible statistics:

Today was our 4th league defeat of the season and we're just into September. It took until Boxing Day for us to suffer our 4th league defeat last season.

The last league goal we scored in front of the South Stand was Matej PoplatnŪk in the 3-3 draw with Queen of the South on the 1st of February.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valleyboy



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 381

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible, and scary, Specky. We desperately need a real striker. Iím old enough to remember both Gordon Wallaceís, and Gordon Dalziel. What weíd give right now to have someone remotely as good as them in front of goal. Even Peter Hetherston looked more likely to score a goal for us today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bistogravy



Joined: 27 Jan 2022
Posts: 65
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

must admit i'm now a tad concerned, not about our general play or even tactics for that matter, i just don't see where goals are coming from.
We are creating chances but the conversion rate is abysmal and i don't see anyone in the squad who can turn that around.
IM has had months to assess the squad. To get beyond the transfer window without adding a striker is a major error.
still hoping we can secure an unattached player or unearth a loaner to grab us those precious goals.
_________________
Gallatown boot boys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 965
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional comment.
At the warm-up, my son and I were trying to identify the new tall striker, Connor McBride. My son said, there's an unfamiliar face but he doesn't look even 6ft far less the 1.89 m (6' 2'' ) stated on TransferMarkt.
Turned out that was him, but TransferMarkt have misstated his height. Rather a disappointment ...and he's fairly slim too.
He did show some good touches ,so he may improve with gametime - but IM needs to bag the striker he talked about in his post-match interview, and fast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10027
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franco wrote:
Additional comment.
At the warm-up, my son and I were trying to identify the new tall striker, Connor McBride. My son said, there's an unfamiliar face but he doesn't look even 6ft far less the 1.89 m (6' 2'' ) stated on TransferMarkt.
Turned out that was him, but TransferMarkt have misstated his height. Rather a disappointment ...and he's fairly slim too.
He did show some good touches ,so he may improve with gametime - but IM needs to bag the striker he talked about in his post-match interview, and fast.


I am constantly amused at the amount of belief people put into some sources on the internet, Wiki for example can be edited by anyone, other football websites can be influenced by players agents.
In this instance, it's not as if we were expecting someone with the stature of Peter Crouch and then Warwick Davis walks in the door.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 965
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever floats your boat, WJ.
I don't expect you to read all my posts. On the Connor McBride thread I speculated a few days ago on ''winger'' CMcB being used as a striker, in view of his reported height. I also stated ''if'' his TransferMarkt entry was correct.
In this case, his father is his Agent, so may have added some cms .
If CMcB had been four inches taller he might have won the odd ball in the air. As it was, he did win the same number as Warwick Davis would have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2439
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jack wrote:

I am constantly amused at the amount of belief people put into some sources on the internet, Wiki for example can be edited by anyone, other football websites can be influenced by players agents.
In this instance, it's not as if we were expecting someone with the stature of Peter Crouch and then Warwick Davis walks in the door.


Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pinky



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 466
Location: isle of south uist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it we cannot find a striker? Iím not talking about a Mane or Kane type, just someone who could be relied upon to score a few goals over the season. I suspect that, while there may be a recognition of the need for one, last seasonís fiasco over signing a striker weighs heavily on the collective mind of the club!
Maybe we need to take a chance on some unknown youngster coming through - look at what happened with Bowie, he wasnít prolific but did a decent turn for us.
_________________
He's no' hairy mary he's the Rovers' little fairy!
Jocky! jocky! jocky! oi! oi! oi!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 2673
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinky wrote:
Why is it we cannot find a striker? Iím not talking about a Mane or Kane type, just someone who could be relied upon to score a few goals over the season. I suspect that, while there may be a recognition of the need for one, last seasonís fiasco over signing a striker weighs heavily on the collective mind of the club!
Maybe we need to take a chance on some unknown youngster coming through - look at what happened with Bowie, he wasnít prolific but did a decent turn for us.


Mitchell proved to have a decent finishing touch with Boíness last year. They used him as a speedster, lobbing balls behind the defence and having Mitchell go get them. Couldnít hurt to try, if his back is better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11986
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, long gone are the days when you scouted the Juniors for a Jocky Richardson or a variety of other names who did well elsewhere. I think of Alan Gilzean from Coupar Angus. Did Kenny Dalgleish not start at Cumbernauld Juniors? Where did St Johnston get Ally McCoist from?
The rŰle of the Juniors is no longer nourishing talent but a more of a final throw/last stand at the end of careers.☹️
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Matchtalk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com