Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musonda/Tumilty/Spencer
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7843
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: Musonda/Tumilty/Spencer Reply with quote

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/defensive-duo-to-leave-raith-rovers-3724420
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11962
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they're not wanting to stay then let them go with the club's thanks for their efforts. No point in trying to keep players who are not interested in playing anymore for the club.
I'm sure that there are plenty of other fish in the sea at this level.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cuparman



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embow wrote:
If they're not wanting to stay then let them go with the club's thanks for their efforts. No point in trying to keep players who are not interested in playing anymore for the club.
I'm sure that there are plenty of other fish in the sea at this level.


I agree with you Embow.

Personally, I thought Tumilty was really good going forward,he did however often leave us open to the counter attack. It was probably JM fault as no one appeared to be briefed to drop back went Tumilty went on the rampage.

As for Musonda, I think he maybe felt he was not given a starting spot that he thought he deserved.
He was only used as cover for injuries for the most part and I felt he never looked like he gave 100%.

Confused Rolling Eyes
_________________
Born a Rover Live a Rover Die a Rover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Long time fan



Joined: 18 Jan 2022
Posts: 43
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuparman wrote:
embow wrote:
If they're not wanting to stay then let them go with the club's thanks for their efforts. No point in trying to keep players who are not interested in playing anymore for the club.
I'm sure that there are plenty of other fish in the sea at this level.


I agree with you Embow.

Personally, I thought Tumilty was really good going forward,he did however often leave us open to the counter attack. It was probably JM fault as no one appeared to be briefed to drop back went Tumilty went on the rampage.

As for Musonda, I think he maybe felt he was not given a starting spot that he thought he deserved.
He was only used as cover for injuries for the most part and I felt he never looked like he gave 100%.

Confused Rolling Eyes

I agree with you both, Frankie was one of my favourite players very confident and assured on the ball, but sometimes posted missing in defence.
Maybe with our seemingly glut of midfielders the plan is to play defenders in proper defensive roles and the midfielders can boss the game and create openings for our yet to be signed forwards. Just a thought. Think it would make better use of our left back in particular.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think Musonda will be a big loss, he has, IMHO, a good future ahead of him, he may end up at a league 2 club down south but I can see him moving from there pretty quickly too.
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badpress139



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 2265
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a fan of him too. When he got a run in the team, in a settled position I thought he was a stand out. Very cool customer on the ball. Would of been very happy had we been in a position to keep him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armagh Rover



Joined: 25 Jul 2008
Posts: 5398
Location: Nottinghamshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray has right idea, If you dont want to re-sign and be here then...... on your bike
Much as its a slight loss to the supporters, we've lost good players before and found replacements.... its no like Tumilty or Musonda are anything like Regan Hendry now he was irreplaceable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Cuparman



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armagh Rover wrote:
Murray has right idea, If you dont want to re-sign and be here then...... on your bike
Much as its a slight loss to the supporters, we've lost good players before and found replacements.... its no like Tumilty or Musonda are anything like Regan Hendry now he was irreplaceable


Aint that the truth Crying or Very sad .
_________________
Born a Rover Live a Rover Die a Rover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bistogravy



Joined: 27 Jan 2022
Posts: 65
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, as much as the departing players will be a miss, it does give the new manager more scope to get his own people on board from day one. if i was him i'd only want players committed to the cause too.

hopefully he has his eyes on a few gems that will fit his particular style of playing. Fingers crossed
_________________
Gallatown boot boys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cuparman



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bistogravy wrote:
I agree, as much as the departing players will be a miss, it does give the new manager more scope to get his own people on board from day one. if i was him i'd only want players committed to the cause too.

hopefully he has his eyes on a few gems that will fit his particular style of playing. Fingers crossed


Spot on.
_________________
Born a Rover Live a Rover Die a Rover
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 957
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically, we have known for some time that Tumilty and Musonda were leaving. The best of luck to them ,wherever they land up.
Ian Murray seems surprisingly relaxed about bringing in replacements! He also ''wants'' / is forced by budget (? ) to have a tighter squad, two down on last season.
Has no-one advised him of Raith's injury track record? 🤔

Momentarily, it seemed that Brad was staying, but now not so sure that he /his agent may not be playing us off against other suitors ,and who can blame him?
Certainly, from Fife Today /FFP , we seem to be some way off securing him for the coming season. So, IM was quite wise to sign up two midfielders who were
available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10012
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie training with Hamilton.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10012
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jack wrote:
Frankie training with Hamilton.


Signs for Ayr United.

https://twitter.com/AyrUnitedFC/status/1539669573430964224?s=20&t=Z1fTavR1meHgrqjmHLAW3g
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badpress139



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 2265
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jack wrote:
Wolfman Jack wrote:
Frankie training with Hamilton.


Signs for Ayr United.

https://twitter.com/AyrUnitedFC/status/1539669573430964224?s=20&t=Z1fTavR1meHgrqjmHLAW3g


In my opinion he should be turning out us next season. We are wrong to allow him to leave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Linktown Pensioner



Joined: 19 Mar 2022
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn’t that good so get a grip. Let Ian bring in his own players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com