Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Management Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KirkcaldyRover



Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 162
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Parker wrote:
KirkcaldyRover wrote:
wellyboot wrote:
performed way above expectations with a fantastic passing brand of football. All under mcglynn.

Two football cliches come to mind

1. Its a results driven business
2. You're only as good as your last result (or your last 15)

Sorry but that second half record speaks for itself. We play like that next season then we might make the playoffs again, but it will be the relegation one.


Who do you suggest we bring in as a replacement?

If that is your only argument for keeping the current management team in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary then we might as well go down next season. Coming up to the end of the season we will get the management merry go round so there will be candidates available.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11881
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last thing needed is a usual suspect from the managerial roundabout. It means that they've failed in most cases and are on the scrap heap.
My suggestion is to be patient until somebody like Berra is ready to step up. Doesn't have to be him but someone of similar standing in the greater scheme of things as was the case with Jimmy Nic.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wellyboot



Joined: 14 Jul 2008
Posts: 2041
Location: Aberdeenshire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KirkcaldyRover wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
KirkcaldyRover wrote:
wellyboot wrote:
performed way above expectations with a fantastic passing brand of football. All under mcglynn.

Two football cliches come to mind

1. Its a results driven business
2. You're only as good as your last result (or your last 15)

Sorry but that second half record speaks for itself. We play like that next season then we might make the playoffs again, but it will be the relegation one.


Who do you suggest we bring in as a replacement?

If that is your only argument for keeping the current management team in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary then we might as well go down next season. Coming up to the end of the season we will get the management merry go round so there will be candidates available.


You still didnít come up with a name so there is no argument. Give us your suggestion then we can argue/debate it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1747
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KirkcaldyRover wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
KirkcaldyRover wrote:
wellyboot wrote:
performed way above expectations with a fantastic passing brand of football. All under mcglynn.

Two football cliches come to mind

1. Its a results driven business
2. You're only as good as your last result (or your last 15)

Sorry but that second half record speaks for itself. We play like that next season then we might make the playoffs again, but it will be the relegation one.


Who do you suggest we bring in as a replacement?

If that is your only argument for keeping the current management team in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary then we might as well go down next season. Coming up to the end of the season we will get the management merry go round so there will be candidates available.


No, genuine question. Weird stance to take assuming it was an arguement to the contrary but there we go...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KirkcaldyRover



Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 162
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wellyboot wrote:
KirkcaldyRover wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
KirkcaldyRover wrote:
wellyboot wrote:
performed way above expectations with a fantastic passing brand of football. All under mcglynn.

Two football cliches come to mind

1. Its a results driven business
2. You're only as good as your last result (or your last 15)

Sorry but that second half record speaks for itself. We play like that next season then we might make the playoffs again, but it will be the relegation one.


Who do you suggest we bring in as a replacement?

If that is your only argument for keeping the current management team in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary then we might as well go down next season. Coming up to the end of the season we will get the management merry go round so there will be candidates available.


You still didnít come up with a name so there is no argument. Give us your suggestion then we can argue/debate it


My original post was to gauge the feeling in the support, seems about 50/50. But if you're pushing me for a name then I would say Dick Campbell, though I recognise he is getting on in years and might not want to make a full time move at his age.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Offside!



Joined: 21 Aug 2016
Posts: 351

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep McGlynn, more of the same next season. Most likely relegation.
3/4 of this squad are like the manager. Simply not good enough.
Happy clappers seem to be the only opinion allowed on here.
Sorry, I am a fly in the ointment. Get him out!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11881
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offside! wrote:
Keep McGlynn, more of the same next season. Most likely relegation.
3/4 of this squad are like the manager. Simply not good enough.
Happy clappers seem to be the only opinion allowed on here.
Sorry, I am a fly in the ointment. Get him out!

You'll likely get your wish at the end of the season when contracts won't be renewed and there will be a mutual parting of the ways with no severance pay needed.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarksBarmy



Joined: 03 Apr 2010
Posts: 3673

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy McGlynn got his cup win and appreciate his dedication to the club but itís pretty clear we need a fresh approach and new ideas. Would be astonished if he were offered a new deal.

The likes of Falkirk/Pars (if relegated) could do a lot worse than look at McGlynn with his proven record of getting out of League One.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 906
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a great loyalty tp JMcG and Smudger because they put me , indeed the whole Club, on the way from misery to happiness.
But, after today's game I am starting to swither.
Realistically, a Play-off place has gone. I really felt that we would beat Morton and maintain the gap between us and sixth and seventh spot.
But, instead, Hamilton and Morton are breathing down our necks and have something positive to play for.
Today, we had still a big goal to aim for, the Play-offs, but we didn't seem up for it.
Can John and Paul no longer motivate the players? I wonder.
But ,if so, I haven't heard any names (of coaches we can afford ) which convince me.
Have, in fact, the Board a short-list? Before he took his promised back seat did John Sim give the green light for change?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2413
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the post match interview, well most of it, I put it off a soon as he mentioned LV.
Sorry but McGlynns time is up, same excuses week in week out, Vaughans' injured, Berra injured, XYZ injured, and so many of these injuries are picked up in training. Even I can work that one out.
McGlynn talks about teams playing the long ball every week, well surprise, that's what this league is all about, you may have learned about silky soccer from your time at Celtic but guess what, this isn't the premier league or the Europa Cup, this is dirty, basic no nonsense football and he has failed to grasp that fact. There is no point stringing 20 passes together before losing the ball, a hoof up the park and some nippy wee forward get in behind our oil rigs of centre backs.
Smashing bloke, but his time is up and I do wonder if that is why Sim has handed the reigns to MacDonald, perhaps Sim didn't want to be the one to let McGlynn go but MacDonald can.
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stan drew rover



Joined: 05 Jun 2017
Posts: 736
Location: Work it out!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offside! wrote:
Keep McGlynn, more of the same next season. Most likely relegation.
3/4 of this squad are like the manager. Simply not good enough.
Happy clappers seem to be the only opinion allowed on here.
Sorry, I am a fly in the ointment. Get him out!


Calling people 'happy clappers' just because they don't agree with your point of view doesn't help the debate along at all.

I'm one of John McGlynn's supporters, but acknowledge that the second half of this season has been a huge disappointment. There are many factors contributing to this (injuries, the DG signing episode, and so on), but poor decisions by management are also a significant factor.

Reality is that every manager at this level makes mistakes - just as players do. Otherwise, they wouldn't be at this level. For that reason, I understand that the argument 'better the devil you know' because other potential managers out there could be far poorer in a Rovers context than John McGlynn [who said Dick Campbell? You're having a laugh!].

So, my own view is still very much to give John McGlynn the opportunity to get next season going positively - because he has done so before and can do so again.

But if the club's decision-maker(s) determine that change is needed, then I will be able to understand that viewpoint - as long as any new appointment is not part of the managerial merry-go-round we all recognise. For my own part, I can think of two reasonable and attainable candidates who would bring a fresh, and hopefully successful, approach to RRFC, But I won't speculate on such possibilities until or unless there is a vacancy to fill...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KirkcaldyRover



Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 162
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan drew rover wrote:
because other potential managers out there could be far poorer in a Rovers context than John McGlynn [who said Dick Campbell? You're having a laugh!].

Aye, because going for a manager who has taken a part time club to within the brink of the premier league is a daft idea, isn't it. Oh and he's won 15 games this season rather than 1 in 15.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11881
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stan drew rover wrote:
Offside! wrote:
Keep McGlynn, more of the same next season. Most likely relegation.
3/4 of this squad are like the manager. Simply not good enough.
Happy clappers seem to be the only opinion allowed on here.
Sorry, I am a fly in the ointment. Get him out!


Calling people 'happy clappers' just because they don't agree with your point of view doesn't help the debate along at all.

I'm one of John McGlynn's supporters, but acknowledge that the second half of this season has been a huge disappointment. There are many factors contributing to this (injuries, the DG signing episode, and so on), but poor decisions by management are also a significant factor.

Reality is that every manager at this level makes mistakes - just as players do. Otherwise, they wouldn't be at this level. For that reason, I understand that the argument 'better the devil you know' because other potential managers out there could be far poorer in a Rovers context than John McGlynn [who said Dick Campbell? You're having a laugh!].

So, my own view is still very much to give John McGlynn the opportunity to get next season going positively - because he has done so before and can do so again.

But if the club's decision-maker(s) determine that change is needed, then I will be able to understand that viewpoint - as long as any new appointment is not part of the managerial merry-go-round we all recognise. For my own part, I can think of two reasonable and attainable candidates who would bring a fresh, and hopefully successful, approach to RRFC, But I won't speculate on such possibilities until or unless there is a vacancy to fill...


Spot on, stan drew rover.
No disagreement from me with the contents of this post but I just get a feeling John and Smudger's contracts will finish at the end of the season. No need for any compensation package and a nice "by mutual consent parting" to tidy things up for the press.
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badpress139



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 2251
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the solution is but this is the same management team and players that had us riding high in December with a decent brand of football. Why the total collapse, who can really answer that.
However Mcglynn came in when we were rock bottom, got promotion and a cup. I think the board will stay loyal to him and I would not be shocked if they are trying to cover bases by offering him a one year deal, which i think he would knock back.

Campbell as manager. No chance. His health would not allow him to work full time plus he said only team he would leave arbroath for would be pars.

I think mcglynn will be here next year, im undecided in terms of my view just now. However I am a Callum Davidson fan!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2413
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KirkcaldyRover wrote:
stan drew rover wrote:
because other potential managers out there could be far poorer in a Rovers context than John McGlynn [who said Dick Campbell? You're having a laugh!].

Aye, because going for a manager who has taken a part time club to within the brink of the premier league is a daft idea, isn't it. Oh and he's won 15 games this season rather than 1 in 15.


What brink? Cannae even see the playoffs from here!
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Teamtalk & Transfers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com