Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supporters Director
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tam
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 6360
Location: Kettlebridge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With you there Scotty, the two Rovers fans going for the directors place have great experiences and skills that the club desperately needs and are big Rovers fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4739

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone manage to take in the hustings last night?
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badpress139



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 2265
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never watched last night nor have I viewed the recordings of it.

They are however available to watch through the raith trust site. 6 videos lasting around 90mins in total.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4739

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look and can't seem to see them there?
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tam
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 6360
Location: Kettlebridge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was very good, two very good candidates for the directors board.

My wish is both Dot & Steve should join the board. They are very skilled, very experienced in many fields and all this would benefit the club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
badpress139



Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 2265
Location: Glenrothes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle wrote:
Had a look and can't seem to see them there?


If you go onto club web page and look up news. From 21st March there is a link to the candidates statements. Click on link and it will take you to the 6 videos from the hustings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4739

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it now. Thanks BP.
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 957
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having viewed the recorded hustings and read the candidates' statements, I agree with Tam.
I shall hold off voting , meantime, in the hope that it may become clearer if things could be changed to allow both to be appointed.
That is, if there is a realistic chance of that happening. Any feedback from the club?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7843
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting and informative listen.Not eligible to vote but think the board would be foolish to deny both candidates the opportunity to be appointed
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1761
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good listen, two compelling candidates for the post. I'd like to see them both win as well, but if not, I hope the losing candidate is kept in the loop and can be included in as much as possible going forward.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Biggles



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2130

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Parker wrote:
A good listen, two compelling candidates for the post. I'd like to see them both win as well, but if not, I hope the losing candidate is kept in the loop and can be included in as much as possible going forward.

Since there's only one place on the board for the fans' director perhaps the losing candidate could be accommodated here.
https://www.raithrovers.net/53600/announcement-fans-panel-introduced-at-starks.htm
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1761
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
A good listen, two compelling candidates for the post. I'd like to see them both win as well, but if not, I hope the losing candidate is kept in the loop and can be included in as much as possible going forward.

Since there's only one place on the board for the fans' director perhaps the losing candidate could be accommodated here.
https://www.raithrovers.net/53600/announcement-fans-panel-introduced-at-starks.htm


Yeah, I think thats a good call. I'd like to think this will become a very positive voice in the Rovers community
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 434
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Parker wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
A good listen, two compelling candidates for the post. I'd like to see them both win as well, but if not, I hope the losing candidate is kept in the loop and can be included in as much as possible going forward.

Since there's only one place on the board for the fans' director perhaps the losing candidate could be accommodated here.
https://www.raithrovers.net/53600/announcement-fans-panel-introduced-at-starks.htm


Yeah, I think thats a good call. I'd like to think this will become a very positive voice in the Rovers community


I agree with all that's written above. Sadly GP it's not a Positive Voice we need right now, more a Listening Board! "There are none so deaf as those who will not hear!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heilan Rover wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
Biggles wrote:
Gary Parker wrote:
A good listen, two compelling candidates for the post. I'd like to see them both win as well, but if not, I hope the losing candidate is kept in the loop and can be included in as much as possible going forward.

Since there's only one place on the board for the fans' director perhaps the losing candidate could be accommodated here.
https://www.raithrovers.net/53600/announcement-fans-panel-introduced-at-starks.htm


Yeah, I think thats a good call. I'd like to think this will become a very positive voice in the Rovers community


I agree with all that's written above. Sadly GP it's not a Positive Voice we need right now, more a Listening Board! "There are none so deaf as those who will not hear!"


A fair point HR, so it is incumbent on the current BoD to ensure that this is not just some publicity stunt to get fans back on board given the usual message this time of year is for early bird season tickets for next season, rather something tangible.
In addition, we fans are often unrealistic in our hopes, expectations and dreams for our club, without really knowing the mechanics of how a club runs therefore, expectations will have to be tempered. On the plus side, it will give, potentially, a small group of fans more of an insight to how a club of our stature operates, they can then disseminate that information amongst their own groups of friends and family.
There is no doubt potential to do good here but, this needs to be a well managed long term project, so many of these projects have gone to the wall due to lack of interest/investment/inclusivity/short sightedness. Here's hoping this can make a lasting difference
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 434
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with all your well put points RZ. It will take however a passage of time until we know just how sincere our board are on the subject of listening to fans. Of course as always, commercial and financial decisions will be the main focus of the Board, as this is what keeps our club afloat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com