Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counting the cost
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1761
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badpress139 wrote:
Not sure what Rovers could of done with this but for me another calamity. We continue to pay for him to play football.

Nothing this board has done over the last few weeks is encouraging me to return to starks park or indeed put finances into the club.


It depends on the offer made to terminate his contract. The player has every right on his side with a contract termination offer. He didn't instigate it, its not his choice to leave so he could easily claim for full payment of all contractual terms, bonuses included at maximum payment value. The club and directors perhaps couldn't agree this and a loan away (assuming Clyde are paying wages or at least a significant percentage) is the best option right now.

It still sucks, but the leverage is fully with the player here, his personal situation has nothing to do with his contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strathallan Rover



Joined: 29 Nov 2014
Posts: 584

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what people want. The BoD are trying to get the player off the wage bill and this is probably, in the short term, the only solution. The club have stated that he will NEVER play for Raith Rovers. If Clyde want him back then that is up to them. I bet it won't get anywhere near as much publicity as they don't have someone equal to Val McDermid.

As someone posted a few weeks back, i can't be bothered to scroll back to find it, too many supporters have "reacted to the reaction". Although the BoD have made a huge error the last 4 weeks, it can't be forgotten what good work they had achieved previously. People staying away is not helping the club.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cainy.2711



Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 446

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this still won’t sit well with a lot of people. But in my opinion this is probably the best outcome financially for the club.
If we are paying his wages still then at least it’s only 6 months of the 2 and a half year contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11984
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't sign for Clyde because he's already been signed by two clubs this season, no matter at this juncture the rights and wrongs of the signing. It's a fact.
The loan season for lower league clubs closes tonight if I'm correct. Others may correct me on this.
So it's the best that can be done to get him definitely off the premises for the rest of the season.
What the arrangement made for paying him is, nobody, but those who have brokered this, will know . Everything else is conjecture, rumour and clueless guessing.
It's been a massive own goal, of that there's no doubt, especially when the "flyer" at the end of December created the reaction it did, but things have to move on or everything will just stagnate.
Looking likely that Clyde are in line for flak over this move but unlike our press theirs will have blown over likely long before Saturday, mainly because of a lack of high profile supporters, unless Dougie Donnelly from days past counts as high profile. MSP John Mason saying he's not going back now to the end of the season. Each to their own.
The player will be associated more in the public eye now with Clyde... hopefully 🤞
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7850
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See McDermid and her pal Sturgeon have stuck their neb in again
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 4001
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embow wrote:
He can't sign for Clyde because he's already been signed by two clubs this season, no matter at this juncture the rights and wrongs of the signing.


I think he'll be fine to play.
I'm sure the rule is that you can't play for more than two clubs in a season. I'm pretty sure Ryan Hardie played for us and St Mirren in the same season, while signed by Rangers.
It's probably no different to Hibs signing Dylan Tait from us then loaning him back before he'd kicked a ball for them.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11984
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ach!
You're spot on SG.
My bad sentence construction!
Really should pay more attention when reading the preview of the post.🥺
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10023
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

embow wrote:
Ach!
You're spot on SG.
My bad sentence construction!
Really should pay more attention when reading the preview of the post.🥺


Wear your glasses min, no one will laugh at you.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
embow
Moderator


Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 11984
Location: Lybster: O'er 'e Ord and far frae Fife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfman Jack wrote:
embow wrote:
Ach!
You're spot on SG.
My bad sentence construction!
Really should pay more attention when reading the preview of the post.🥺


Wear your glasses min, no one will laugh at you.

That's the problem!
I was wearing them!
And before you say anything they work perfectly fine at all other times.🥺
🤗
_________________
Talk on! Talk on!
You'll never talk alone.
🤗🤗
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoachBombay



Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Posts: 401

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinnie wrote:
See McDermid and her pal Sturgeon have stuck their neb in again


If there was any lingering doubt about Val McDiarmid’s true intentions they surely cannot be in doubt now.

Any opportunity to cast up this mistake time and again she’s at it. She’s intelligent enough to realise that the 4 individuals that made this decision are not Raith Rovers Football Club. The fans, supporters groups, volunteers and club employees didn’t make this choice but every time this is cast up by this fame hungry muppet we all have to suffer.

She should never be allowed be at Starks park for putting us through this repeatedly. The directors made this error and they are paying for it financially but Raith as a club and community are paying much more than cash and it’s being made 100 times worse by her refusal to let anyone move on.

Shame on her.
_________________
RIP RONNIE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1761
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoachBombay wrote:
Vinnie wrote:
See McDermid and her pal Sturgeon have stuck their neb in again


If there was any lingering doubt about Val McDiarmid’s true intentions they surely cannot be in doubt now.

Any opportunity to cast up this mistake time and again she’s at it. She’s intelligent enough to realise that the 4 individuals that made this decision are not Raith Rovers Football Club. The fans, supporters groups, volunteers and club employees didn’t make this choice but every time this is cast up by this fame hungry muppet we all have to suffer.

She should never be allowed be at Starks park for putting us through this repeatedly. The directors made this error and they are paying for it financially but Raith as a club and community are paying much more than cash and it’s being made 100 times worse by her refusal to let anyone move on.

Shame on her.


Are we suggesting here that a Director is not a member of the club, that they're not an appointed representative of the club? We can't just try and detach them from the club when it suits the narrative or deflects the blame. The directors made the decision on behalf of Raith Rovers Football Club, it wasn't John Sim or Steven MacDonald that the player signed for, it was for Raith Rovers. I'm not saying that as supporters or other club employees we had a say in the matter directly, but those board members were appointed to make those decisions alongside the management team to achieve both the sporting and community goals. This time they got it horribly wrong by ignoring the wider picture and community, public sentiment and previous warnings in favour of short term gains. That was further compounded by doubling down on the decision before seeing sense far later than they should have.

No one wants to suffer the fallout from this but as a club, we need to learn from it and push for changes to be made that can resolve the issue and stop this from happening again in the future. Until then, it's going to be in the public eye and people are going to comment on it and drive the point home at every opportunity, either because it's something that they truly believe is right or because it can benefit them in a way. That's just the way it goes unfortunately, we have to deal with that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 2665
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoachBombay wrote:
Vinnie wrote:
See McDermid and her pal Sturgeon have stuck their neb in again


If there was any lingering doubt about Val McDiarmid’s true intentions they surely cannot be in doubt now.

Any opportunity to cast up this mistake time and again she’s at it. She’s intelligent enough to realise that the 4 individuals that made this decision are not Raith Rovers Football Club. The fans, supporters groups, volunteers and club employees didn’t make this choice but every time this is cast up by this fame hungry muppet we all have to suffer.

She should never be allowed be at Starks park for putting us through this repeatedly. The directors made this error and they are paying for it financially but Raith as a club and community are paying much more than cash and it’s being made 100 times worse by her refusal to let anyone move on.

Shame on her.


I see. Made me look up Val’s twitter, and clearly her worries about misogyny are a direct assault on RRFC, eh? Maybe it’s hitting home because…
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 439
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think CB is suggesting we need to move on. Trying at every turn to keep this alive Tex and Gary, is only keeping the bad feeling alive AND I genuinely believe this is affecting Team performances.

The latest half page article in the courier lambasting the club as Hypocrites because they had released a statement on "World Women's day" simply points to the fact that Raith Rovers FC are Damned if they do, and Damned if they don't. Can you imagine the courier report if they had simply said nothing on World Woman's day? might it have read, "Women hating Raith Board fail to acknowledge World Women's Day"? You bet it would.

It is bad enough that outside forces want to perpetuate this Anti Rovers feeling, but I ask you guys, Should we really be continuing this line from within the club? The Board have said changes will be made. Please therefore have the patience and good grace to allow them to make these changes in the time frame needed. Carping like impatient adolescents from the side lines is only damaging the club that we all love, and you allege to?

Please guys STOP and give us all some time to heal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4742

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It absolutely perplexing people having a pop at the club for their International Woman's Day tweet. Can only be done by those ulterior motives.
I to went had a look at Val McDermid twitter and I think someone needs to tell her and McDermid Ladies that displaying the letter Z has taken on a more sinister aspect in recent weeks.
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gary Parker
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 1761
Location: About half way between the place I was and the place I intend to be

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heilan Rover wrote:
I think CB is suggesting we need to move on. Trying at every turn to keep this alive Tex and Gary, is only keeping the bad feeling alive AND I genuinely believe this is affecting Team performances.

The latest half page article in the courier lambasting the club as Hypocrites because they had released a statement on "World Women's day" simply points to the fact that Raith Rovers FC are Damned if they do, and Damned if they don't. Can you imagine the courier report if they had simply said nothing on World Woman's day? might it have read, "Women hating Raith Board fail to acknowledge World Women's Day"? You bet it would.

It is bad enough that outside forces want to perpetuate this Anti Rovers feeling, but I ask you guys, Should we really be continuing this line from within the club? The Board have said changes will be made. Please therefore have the patience and good grace to allow them to make these changes in the time frame needed. Carping like impatient adolescents from the side lines is only damaging the club that we all love, and you allege to?

Please guys STOP and give us all some time to heal.


I've no real intention of keeping this alive, nothing in my post suggested that, merely a response to broadly inaccurate attempts to separate the BoD from the Club which are incorrect.

I agree with your sentiment on the IWD post, it would be derided either way, narratives can be spun in any direction you want it to thats always been the way with social media, it will never change because it, rightly or wrongly, gives everyone a visible platform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com