Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goodwillie publicity
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Mediawatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Franco



Joined: 10 Oct 2019
Posts: 957
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Goodwillie publicity Reply with quote

Did The Board anticipate that Raith Rovers would be first headline on BBC Radio Scotland at One O'Clock and that there would be TWO follow-up articles within half-an-hour ? That Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland's First Minister, would be commenting? This is beyond awful. How do Raith Rovers FC come back from here? What has this done to our attempts to build the Club as one at the centre of the community?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7844
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the board didn,t expect the media circus and supporters backlash they have been nothing short of stupid

Hard to see us come back from this until

A) the player is no longer here
B)those that sanctioned the deal are no longer here

Sturgeon should have better things to do and keep her thoughts to herself on this.
Salmond gate
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RealNotFizz



Joined: 28 Jun 2010
Posts: 1361
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hankey_Bannister



Joined: 29 May 2021
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?


Give it a rest will ye Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?


Give it a rest will ye Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


If you don't agree argue your point or are you just another one of the keyboard warriors following the flock because it's the easy option. This is exactly why I hate social media, there wasn't anything like this when he joined Clyde and has had a nice quiet five years playing football and supporting his family, and then this. How would you feel if someone made libellous posts about you when you started a new job?
No I don't know the guy other than his spell with us, no I'm not his mate, I'm just pee'd off that apparently nobody gets a second chance because of social media posts like we saw today.
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hankey_Bannister



Joined: 29 May 2021
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?


Give it a rest will ye Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


If you don't agree argue your point or are you just another one of the keyboard warriors following the flock because it's the easy option. This is exactly why I hate social media, there wasn't anything like this when he joined Clyde and has had a nice quiet five years playing football and supporting his family, and then this. How would you feel if someone made libellous posts about you when you started a new job?
No I don't know the guy other than his spell with us, no I'm not his mate, I'm just pee'd off that apparently nobody gets a second chance because of social media posts like we saw today.


Keyboard warrior.......aye ok grandad Laughing Laughing

If you hate social media then why are you on here posting.

Do us all a favour and go back to bed. Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2437
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?


Give it a rest will ye Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


If you don't agree argue your point or are you just another one of the keyboard warriors following the flock because it's the easy option. This is exactly why I hate social media, there wasn't anything like this when he joined Clyde and has had a nice quiet five years playing football and supporting his family, and then this. How would you feel if someone made libellous posts about you when you started a new job?
No I don't know the guy other than his spell with us, no I'm not his mate, I'm just pee'd off that apparently nobody gets a second chance because of social media posts like we saw today.


Keyboard warrior.......aye ok grandad Laughing Laughing

If you hate social media then why are you on here posting.

Do us all a favour and go back to bed. Laughing Laughing


Thought not Rolling Eyes
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hankey_Bannister



Joined: 29 May 2021
Posts: 223

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
Hankey_Bannister wrote:
red zebra wrote:
RealNotFizz wrote:
red zebra wrote:
It's the modern world we live in Franco, McDairmid put it on twitter and boom - off it went, she couldn't have damaged the club more if she tried

Dear God, so it's VMDs fault now is it? I despair.


Mainly, and she should face legal questions over the words she posted on her twitter account. He was never convicted in a criminal court as there was insufficient evidence. She created a media storm and it snowballed and snowballed and the tabloids jumped on it.
Read the transcripts of the civil case, even reported in the same Daily Record that has jumped on this bandwagon, check the archives.
I abhor violence not only to women but also to any sentient beings, I also wonder what purgatory Goodwillies wife and child must be going through right now, has anyone given them a second thought?


Give it a rest will ye Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes


If you don't agree argue your point or are you just another one of the keyboard warriors following the flock because it's the easy option. This is exactly why I hate social media, there wasn't anything like this when he joined Clyde and has had a nice quiet five years playing football and supporting his family, and then this. How would you feel if someone made libellous posts about you when you started a new job?
No I don't know the guy other than his spell with us, no I'm not his mate, I'm just pee'd off that apparently nobody gets a second chance because of social media posts like we saw today.


Keyboard warrior.......aye ok grandad Laughing Laughing

If you hate social media then why are you on here posting.

Do us all a favour and go back to bed. Laughing Laughing


Thought not Rolling Eyes


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scotty



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 8816
Location: Almost Dysart.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P T Barnum was wrong about publicity, this has proved it!
_________________
Competitive goals: Connolly 15, Easton 6, Gullan 6, Stanton 4, Dick 3, Vaughan 3, Connell 2, Brown 1, Frederiksen 1, McBride 1, OG 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3992
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinnie wrote:
If the board didn,t expect the media circus and supporters backlash they have been nothing short of stupid

Hard to see us come back from this until

A) the player is no longer here
B)those that sanctioned the deal are no longer here

Sturgeon should have better things to do and keep her thoughts to herself on this.
Salmond gate


100% on the money.

Humza Youssef mouthing off last night about males within the club needing to take a stand, oblivious to the fact that two male directors and several male volunteers resigned yesterday.
I don't want this to descend into whatabouterry, but I've never read or seen any tweet from Sturgeon, Youssef or the rest about the widespread abuse of children at the Boys club of a team on the other side of the country over many years.
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Valleyboy



Joined: 27 Apr 2014
Posts: 380

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papers having a field day. What a stupid move by the Rovers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60226559
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Specky Ginger



Joined: 16 Jun 2012
Posts: 3992
Location: Dysart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the good old days when all we had to worry about in the papers was being linked with Frankie 'Doughnuts' Donaldson?
_________________
Dougie Hill
Sar-chluicheadair a'gheama
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 7844
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much OTT
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Mediawatch All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com