Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 23/24
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Queens Park
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Football in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WillieKirk



Joined: 08 Feb 2014
Posts: 1915
Location: Portobello

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have asked this before - is it necessary to quote entire paragraphs ad finitum in a response - short ones I can understand it but these book chapters - waste of space especially when the reply is one line and clearly referring to original statements.

Well done QP and even although an apology is made on some issues it’s never enough. Rightly or wrongly. Please don’t quote me on that.
_________________
Here Wee go again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vinnie



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 8139
Location: None Of Your Business

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:


except in the Goodwillie case....where countless apologies will seemingly never be enough for certain people Rolling Eyes


This

Wonder if QP club secretary is still in a job.Costly error to the tune of potentially thousands upon thousands of £,s to the club but then again suppose its loose change to a club bankrolled by a multi millionaire
_________________
THERES FIVE OF ME
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 3425
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk whelpington wrote:
except in the Goodwillie case....where countless apologies will seemingly never be enough for certain people Rolling Eyes


I’ll just note that it is not our place to judge people’s decisions with regard to what is or isn’t good enough. There are a myriad of situations that might be intertwined with the DG mess, and for anyone to try to tell a person that they need to “move on” or “give it up” is hugely insulting to them and their feelings.

You may be fine with what has happened, and feel enough has been done. Me, I feel some other things need to happen, but enough has happened that I am willing to move forward with the Club in the hopes the further steps will happen over time and in the belief that being involved, in my case, is better than not.

I know personally two people (who aren’t Raith fans, but who I discussed this with because of their experiences) who would have huge issues moving on yet from the DG incident even now because of their intimate involvement with similar events, and a feeling that until the house is cleared, it is still supporting something they despise. I don’t pretend to be in a place to judge these people and their views, but I believe they are entitled to their views and they should be respected simply because of their understanding of a number of the issues involved.

It can be very easy to glibly say “that’s in the past”, but it isn’t always as easy as that. Everyone has their own story and many are impacted in massively varying ways. Let me ask you this, if you saw a woman marching outside Starks Park with a sign that said “Sim must go”, and you asked her why…if she answered “because he hired DG, and what happened with him happened with me”…would you feel entitled to tell her to go home because there have been enough apologies?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heilan Rover



Joined: 24 Dec 2018
Posts: 580
Location: Lorient

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxRover wrote:
kirk whelpington wrote:
except in the Goodwillie case....where countless apologies will seemingly never be enough for certain people Rolling Eyes


I’ll just note that it is not our place to judge people’s decisions with regard to what is or isn’t good enough. There are a myriad of situations that might be intertwined with the DG mess, and for anyone to try to tell a person that they need to “move on” or “give it up” is hugely insulting to them and their feelings.

You may be fine with what has happened, and feel enough has been done. Me, I feel some other things need to happen, but enough has happened that I am willing to move forward with the Club in the hopes the further steps will happen over time and in the belief that being involved, in my case, is better than not.

I know personally two people (who aren’t Raith fans, but who I discussed this with because of their experiences) who would have huge issues moving on yet from the DG incident even now because of their intimate involvement with similar events, and a feeling that until the house is cleared, it is still supporting something they despise. I don’t pretend to be in a place to judge these people and their views, but I believe they are entitled to their views and they should be respected simply because of their understanding of a number of the issues involved.

It can be very easy to glibly say “that’s in the past”, but it isn’t always as easy as that. Everyone has their own story and many are impacted in massively varying ways. Let me ask you this, if you saw a woman marching outside Starks Park with a sign that said “Sim must go”, and you asked her why…if she answered “because he hired DG, and what happened with him happened with me”…would you feel entitled to tell her to go home because there have been enough apologies?


Guys

Let's not bring all this back up again. PLEASE?

There is one CERTAIN fact about the past. None of us can go back and change it!

Therefore that is why we must move on. It's the ONLY available positive course of action open to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
southstander



Joined: 13 Jul 2008
Posts: 402
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TxRover wrote:
kirk whelpington wrote:
except in the Goodwillie case....where countless apologies will seemingly never be enough for certain people Rolling Eyes


I’ll just note that it is not our place to judge people’s decisions with regard to what is or isn’t good enough. There are a myriad of situations that might be intertwined with the DG mess, and for anyone to try to tell a person that they need to “move on” or “give it up” is hugely insulting to them and their feelings.

You may be fine with what has happened, and feel enough has been done. Me, I feel some other things need to happen, but enough has happened that I am willing to move forward with the Club in the hopes the further steps will happen over time and in the belief that being involved, in my case, is better than not.

I know personally two people (who aren’t Raith fans, but who I discussed this with because of their experiences) who would have huge issues moving on yet from the DG incident even now because of their intimate involvement with similar events, and a feeling that until the house is cleared, it is still supporting something they despise. I don’t pretend to be in a place to judge these people and their views, but I believe they are entitled to their views and they should be respected simply because of their understanding of a number of the issues involved.

It can be very easy to glibly say “that’s in the past”, but it isn’t always as easy as that. Everyone has their own story and many are impacted in massively varying ways. Let me ask you this, if you saw a woman marching outside Starks Park with a sign that said “Sim must go”, and you asked her why…if she answered “because he hired DG, and what happened with him happened with me”…would you feel entitled to tell her to go home because there have been enough apologies?


Jesus, give it a rest please
_________________
We dont need no stinking badges
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TxRover



Joined: 02 Jun 2018
Posts: 3425
Location: North Texas, USA

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heilan Rover wrote:
Guys

Let's not bring all this back up again. PLEASE?

There is one CERTAIN fact about the past. None of us can go back and change it!

Therefore that is why we must move on. It's the ONLY available positive course of action open to us.


I was quite happy to leave it alone, but when someone demands that people MUST do something without any consideration of their situation, I take offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
red zebra



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 2542
Location: Whaur the bridies are

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can one of the mods lock this page before it gets silly, it's supposed to be about Queens, nothing else Evil or Very Mad

Everyone please stick to the topic of any given thread. Thank you. Admin
_________________
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10571
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red zebra wrote:
Can one of the mods lock this page before it gets silly, it's supposed to be about Queens, nothing else Evil or Very Mad
m

Not going to happen.
The Mods, if you are not happy, should moderate, not cancel.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 10571
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After overseeing the shambles that is Lesser Hampden, Queens Park will play at their old stadium next season.
This will see the national team switch between Lesser and Oriam for training purposes.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Football in General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com