Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RALLY ROUND ROVERS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Fundraisers & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because the sales have been rubbish i wouldnt be able to give anything till christmas anyway but it would have been good to get some feedback from those involved.
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
R12ATH



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 1234
Location: West Lothian, Scotland

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think anyone who is actively fundraising in any shape or form is doing a great turn for the club, I applaud that. However, to me its all a little uncoordinated..would it not go better if:

- we had only one official raith rovers supporters club, which amalgamates, RRSC, Fife Finest, 200 Club, Raith Rovers Abroad, Raith Rovers Trust, etc. all into one single body. I dont understand the need to have all these separate organizations running separate initiatives. Cant we just have one organization that is responsible for running all the initiatives such as Trust, Rally Around the Rovers, etc. Anytime we come up with a new idea somehow we create a new group to run it...

- With one large organization, there could be various focus groups (within) responsible for different initiatives - Supporters Trust, Fund Raising, etc.

- The fans rep should come from this single organization to have a voice on the board

- Fund raising in particular could be more focussed with a single documented and agreed purpose with the board - i.e to only donate money to the youth academy, or to raise money solely to pay off bank debt, or solely to pay the wages of 1 player, etc. The fundraising arm should be called '12th Man' as this is what it is. Seems to me part of the problem is that money is raised, given to club - then black hole...people cant make a connection with the purpose of it. If there is a single goal and a target, it makes it all more visibile and worthwhile. Say for example the goal is to raise enough money each year to pay part or all of a players salary outwith the club budget. This could mean focussed fundraising between say October and April, the net result handed to the manager to get an 'addtional' player in over the summer.

There are a lot of smart people who are committed to the on going future of Raith Rovers out there, putting everyone together to form a single organization that offers mutliple services/ideas/initiatives seems logical to me.

The Official Raith Rovers Supporters Club Offering:

Trust Memberships
Rovers Abroad Services
Fund Raising activities
Match Travel/Ticket Services
Fans Rep/Director election
Charity work
etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alan Russell



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 1093
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Turnbull Wink

The reason different groups exist is that they do different things. Coordination of activity between the groups happens through the Raith Forum, and I think is as much integration as is needed. After all, when was the last time two groups tried to organise events on the same day?

I guess my question is - what would one big group be able to do that four separate groups who talk to each other cannot do?
_________________
Follow the Trust on facebook and twitter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Tam
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 6351
Location: Kettlebridge

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the auld days apparently there were nine RRFC supporters groups.

Everyone of the existing groups have a completely different set of fans & friends, as well as objectives & aims.

They work together for the betterment of the RRFC and Rovers fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hatrick



Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 580

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Russell wrote:
Hiya Turnbull Wink

The reason different groups exist is that they do different things. Coordination of activity between the groups happens through the Raith Forum, and I think is as much integration as is needed. After all, when was the last time two groups tried to organise events on the same day?

I guess my question is - what would one big group be able to do that four separate groups who talk to each other cannot do?
Alan the problem is rarely do the individual groups support each others projects and all pull in different directions and are not interested in what the other groups do, its all about look what we have done. needs to change. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tam
Moderator


Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Posts: 6351
Location: Kettlebridge

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its got nothing at all to do with "look what we have done"!

Its fans working hard to raise funds for the club we support and love.

Nothing at all to do with what you suggest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those in the forum were meant to work together or that was the intention when it was set up but not sure if they do as they all do their seperate things.R12ATH has the point but the only way his idea would work is if 1 person from each group was to set up a fundraising group where their sole aim would be to work as part of the club.If no one thinks that would work fair enough as it is my opinion nothing to do with fifes finest.
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigeein



Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 1895
Location: windygates

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hatrick wrote:
Alan Russell wrote:
Hiya Turnbull Wink

The reason different groups exist is that they do different things. Coordination of activity between the groups happens through the Raith Forum, and I think is as much integration as is needed. After all, when was the last time two groups tried to organise events on the same day?

I guess my question is - what would one big group be able to do that four separate groups who talk to each other cannot do?
Alan the problem is rarely do the individual groups support each others projects and all pull in different directions and are not interested in what the other groups do, its all about look what we have done. needs to change. Evil or Very Mad


Thats an interesting point of view .

from my point of view it is up to the club ( directors) to co-ordonate the fans groups in the direction that will support the club the best way possible .

I.E. 200 club raise cash for players sallerys , Jim Mcmillen club raise cash to help pay the morgage , Fifes finest raise cash for youth development ,,, etc etc .

We are all trying to do the best for the club , there is no dought of that .
unfortunatly some peoples efforts, which are massive , don't get the support/ publicity that they deserve or need .

There needs to be more contact / support/ backing from the club . This would need to be a commercial director / the supporters clubs reps / and fans director minimum. With regular meeting .

this was the intentions of the rally round the rovers campain , but this seems to have gone stale .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been posting what i think needs to happen from my own perspective so that the club and fans can move forward together but on looking at it again i dont think it will happen.Theres too many of those involved quite happy to do their own thing which is good but its not organised so when its mentioned on here we end up going round in circles.So from now on i am going to do my own thing if and when i get round to it and not mention it on here again.If the club wants to support me fair enough just like laura and shaughan from the website are doing.They are putting together an article about the geordie munro song which was good of them.If other folk at the rovers dont its fine i will give them a cheque if and when i get money in i.e geordie munro song and rtr in august.
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bigeein



Joined: 09 May 2009
Posts: 1895
Location: windygates

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofwallace wrote:
I have been posting what i think needs to happen from my own perspective so that the club and fans can move forward together but on looking at it again i dont think it will happen.Theres too many of those involved quite happy to do their own thing which is good but its not organised so when its mentioned on here we end up going round in circles.So from now on i am going to do my own thing if and when i get round to it and not mention it on here again.If the club wants to support me fair enough just like laura and shaughan from the website are doing.They are putting together an article about the geordie munro song which was good of them.If other folk at the rovers dont its fine i will give them a cheque if and when i get money in i.e geordie munro song and rtr in august.




Good on you gav and good luck . I hope you get the support you need .

For the record I think you are doing the right thing , it may not be the way that is best for the club but I can't see how you can do things any other way .

Good luck . Let me know when you are doing the fans tiles again as me and my dad would like to sponser some , cheers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Castle



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Posts: 4716

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i don't doubt the intentions of all these various supporters groups in the sense they only want to do good things for the benefit of the Rovers it doesn't mean that what they actually do does benefit the club. Its not not just what these groups offer the the club but what these groups offer to there members. Maybe some people would want to be a member of the 200 club but wouldn't want anything to to do with the Trust for example.
_________________
Fantalk~Often wrong but never in doubt
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like any community, people will have different views on things and priorities.

I travel with Fife's Finest because their objective is to get to the pub as early as possible on away days and be as noisy as possible. I'm not sure the 'official' supporters club would feel the same. Which would mean one or other having to comprimise and then, inevitallby, splitting again.

Also, Fife's Finest remain unofficial in order to retain independance so we have the right to challenge the club on issues rather than being told what to do i.e. the Anelka protests, which the official supporters were not allowed to endorse and were not allowed to support Reclaim the Rovers until told to do so.

It's the equivalent of saying "why doesn't everyone travel in one massive fleet of busses together and all do the same thing" - people have different expectations of what they want from matchdays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lbarnett-bl



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 5333
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundwave wrote:
Like any community, people will have different views on things and priorities.

I travel with Fife's Finest because their objective is to get to the pub as early as possible on away days and be as noisy as possible. I'm not sure the 'official' supporters club would feel the same. Which would mean one or other having to comprimise and then, inevitallby, splitting again.

Also, Fife's Finest remain unofficial in order to retain independance so we have the right to challenge the club on issues rather than being told what to do i.e. the Anelka protests, which the official supporters were not allowed to endorse and were not allowed to support Reclaim the Rovers until told to do so.

It's the equivalent of saying "why doesn't everyone travel in one massive fleet of busses together and all do the same thing" - people have different expectations of what they want from matchdays.

Would these ideas for meetings of the supporters' groups be stupid? These are just ideas, not suggesting all of them be used!:

The official SC & Fife's Finest leave at the same locations (for the stops there are pubs etc.) to away games so beforehand everyone from both organisations running the buses can sit down and discuss what can be done for the good of the club or alternately on away games leave from the official SC's preferred leaving points then Fife's Finest's preferred leaving points or vice versa.

Those from both supporters' clubs' buses meet at the same pub in the city/town the match is taking place or combine it with the first idea so that anything not covered in the Kirkcaldy/Burntisland etc. pub can be brought up before kick-off at the away match & those leaving from different pick-up points and getting split up into the individual buses can bring up the ideas discussed to the others.

Meet at Styx or Novar Bar before a home game, this could involve the Raith Trust & the others that don't do the away match travel as well.

Alternatively a simple monthly meeting of all the supporters' groups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The monthly meeting between the supporters groups - well isn't that what the Forum is for?

as for discussing ideas in the pub pre-match: well, we do this already but doing it 'formally' is a terrible idea in my opinon - this is time allocated for drinking and enjoying ourselves with our pals and not worry about the Rovers' financial crisis.

Official supporters club have been approached in the past about doing combined events with us. Official supporters club not interested, which is fair enough as they have history and tradition they want to keep up. Quite simply, people align with different groups because they have different ideas of how things should work and expectations of matchdays. I used to travel on the supporters bus, a very, very different experience than travelling with Fife's Finest. I won't criticise them, it just wasn't for me. I have also in the past been on the forum and been involved in fundraising groups and they have been pretty soul destroying experiences and there have been many things I have been unhappy about with the way these have been run - however I respect the people who are involved in the forum and am not one to run to the internet and 'dish the dirt' on what goes on behind the scenes so would hope people respect that we have our reasons.

Also perhaps remember that Fife's Finest are a group of around 25/30 pals who want to travel together and not a free-for-all; no constituation, no membership scheme, just good pals drinking and travelling together. Very similar to the MacGregors bus. We are not official supporters groups because we don't need to be and don't want to be. Of the 30-odd members of Fife's Finest, most things are done by the same 4 or 5 people all the time, we don't have an army of people ready and willing to get their nose to the grind. Discussing ideas with other supporters groups inevitably ends up with the same few people expected to do everything - me, Quinny, James Proctor, Andy Mill, Eddie Doig. . . . . same names time and again

Just wish people would actually take action themselves than tell other people what they should be doing with their free time. There are a lot of people with opinions, but very few who are actually willing to drive things themselves, it's all about what other people should do Rolling Eyes

The other thing I would like to know is, what exactly are these ideas that all supporters groups could get involved in for the greater benefit? The cominbed race-night idea was bobmed out; not one official supporters group put a team into the Fife's Finest 7s this year; Rock the Rovers seems to be doing okay which is Quinny & Fife's Finest. So maybe some groups just aren't interested. I can't recall any events we've been asked to get involved in that we've turned down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Fundraisers & Maintenance All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com