Fantalk Forum Index Fantalk

VISIT RAITHROVERS.NET

S.P.F.L CHAMPIONSHIP FIXTURES 22/23
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fundraising 'Supergroup'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Fundraisers & Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I. Latto wrote:
I don't think the name was really the focal point...

And of course you are correct once again as no doubt others will agree but it was just my observation as a name makes a difference when trying to get folk involved.I am sure those who do meet up will come up with a suitable name.I only mentioned COMMUNITY because whether folk like it or not community and fundraising for raith will go hand in hand at some point.These are my opinions no one else`s.
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wolfman Jack



Joined: 25 Dec 2010
Posts: 9919
Location: Pawtucket Brewery

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a wee idea, albeit requires planning.
There is match day hospitality on offer, howabout offering the same to children/school groups,(sans alcohol obviously).
This may be a toehold into encouraging the local youth into attending Starks Park.
Emphasis on, "support your local team", perhaps, this will encourage the youth of Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes and the environs to persuade their parents let them to attend match days and you never know, maybe the Mums and Dads will come too.
_________________
Hope he's got plenty Rovers action to comment on tonight....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I suggest that those who are interested meet this Saturday, say 12.30 in Styx (I should be able to get us a private room)?

Unless anyone has a better idea?

We need to move from discussion into implementation ASAP, so as an agenda I would suggest:

1 - Agree group remit and expectations
2 - Governance - how will this work?
3 - identify some immediate opportunities/'quick wins' to implement
4 - review existing propsals and agree how to take each forward

I am in no way precious about this and am happy to step aside if someone else wants to set something up and organise it; I just don't want to step back and assume someone else will do it (as this is exactly the type of thing we are trying to avoid)

What I would say is, if people do have ideas, they have to be prepared to implement them; It's not realistic for people to come up with ideas then simply expect this group to implement them, without fully working them through and planning things properly.

I believe this group should be about developing ideas into feasible propositions and supporting them by sourcing resources and helping the project leads (which is essentially what the Raith Trust's setup was during Reclaim the Rovers)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Andy C



Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 538
Location: Kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't make Saturday as I'm through in Glasgow. Missing the Rovers too. Confused
If someone would be willing to send me info on how it went, what I'm required to do etc that would be great though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12th man



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundwave wrote:
Can I suggest that those who are interested meet this Saturday, say 12.30 in Styx (I should be able to get us a private room)?

Unless anyone has a better idea?

We need to move from discussion into implementation ASAP, so as an agenda I would suggest:

1 - Agree group remit and expectations
2 - Governance - how will this work?
3 - identify some immediate opportunities/'quick wins' to implement
4 - review existing propsals and agree how to take each forward

I am in no way precious about this and am happy to step aside if someone else wants to set something up and organise it; I just don't want to step back and assume someone else will do it (as this is exactly the type of thing we are trying to avoid)

What I would say is, if people do have ideas, they have to be prepared to implement them; It's not realistic for people to come up with ideas then simply expect this group to implement them, without fully working them through and planning things properly.

I believe this group should be about developing ideas into feasible propositions and supporting them by sourcing resources and helping the project leads (which is essentially what the Raith Trust's setup was during Reclaim the Rovers)



Soundwave, I've emailed you earlier.....decent enough starting agenda.
Like you say it would be good to get this going asap to date the response so far is 2 independant supporters, 1 from the 200 Club and yourself from Fife Finest, it would be good to give it time so the other groups can have representation.

If you have any contact details for the other groups can they be contacted regarding same
_________________
supportrovers@aol.co.uk

Account Name - ' Support Rovers '
Account Nr : 06025487
Sort Code : 80-16-84
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12th man wrote:
Soundwave wrote:
Can I suggest that those who are interested meet this Saturday, say 12.30 in Styx (I should be able to get us a private room)?

Unless anyone has a better idea?

We need to move from discussion into implementation ASAP, so as an agenda I would suggest:

1 - Agree group remit and expectations
2 - Governance - how will this work?
3 - identify some immediate opportunities/'quick wins' to implement
4 - review existing propsals and agree how to take each forward

I am in no way precious about this and am happy to step aside if someone else wants to set something up and organise it; I just don't want to step back and assume someone else will do it (as this is exactly the type of thing we are trying to avoid)

What I would say is, if people do have ideas, they have to be prepared to implement them; It's not realistic for people to come up with ideas then simply expect this group to implement them, without fully working them through and planning things properly.

I believe this group should be about developing ideas into feasible propositions and supporting them by sourcing resources and helping the project leads (which is essentially what the Raith Trust's setup was during Reclaim the Rovers)



Soundwave, I've emailed you earlier.....decent enough starting agenda.
Like you say it would be good to get this going asap to date the response so far is 2 independant supporters, 1 from the 200 Club and yourself from Fife Finest, it would be good to give it time so the other groups can have representation.

If you have any contact details for the other groups can they be contacted regarding same


agreed, however I think we need to get moving ASAP as every home match in the meantime is an opportunity passed and we need some way of getting these ideas up and running
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, pressing ahead with getting folk together at 12.30 on Saturday in Styx.

Dave Wann will be along, following Friday night's forum meeting, so we can discuss how the wider fanbase can engage with the club in taking fundraising forward and work with the forum.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rovers4ever



Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 5314
Location: Burntisland

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundwave wrote:
Okay, pressing ahead with getting folk together at 12.30 on Saturday in Styx.

Dave Wann will be along, following Friday night's forum meeting, so we can discuss how the wider fanbase can engage with the club in taking fundraising forward and work with the forum.


Being deaf, I wouldn't be able to follow what's being said, but 100% willing to help out at events, if someone can keep me in the loop.

Cheers
_________________
A proud member of the 45. Saor Alba.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
12th man



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 1429

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rovers4ever wrote:
Soundwave wrote:
Okay, pressing ahead with getting folk together at 12.30 on Saturday in Styx.

Dave Wann will be along, following Friday night's forum meeting, so we can discuss how the wider fanbase can engage with the club in taking fundraising forward and work with the forum.


Being deaf, I wouldn't be able to follow what's being said, but 100% willing to help out at events, if someone can keep me in the loop.

Cheers


Good stuff Rovers4Ever if you can forward me with an email i'll keep you updated
_________________
supportrovers@aol.co.uk

Account Name - ' Support Rovers '
Account Nr : 06025487
Sort Code : 80-16-84
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jungle



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 1409

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Broony were discussing this and having the Munrovers pitch in to help.

I was getting married on Saturday so couldn't make the meeting but if details can be pm'd on what was discussed we would love to get involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jungle wrote:
Me and Broony were discussing this and having the Munrovers pitch in to help.

I was getting married on Saturday so couldn't make the meeting but if details can be pm'd on what was discussed we would love to get involved.


getting married on a matchday? are you mad?

Have already messaged Broony. But if you're not playing on Saturday, feel free to come along to Styx for chat. The admin group are meeting at 12.30 where we'll be discussing the progress of proposals, and I don't see an issue if you'd like to come along for a chat. we aim to be as open and transparent as possible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jungle



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 1409

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soundwave wrote:
jungle wrote:
Me and Broony were discussing this and having the Munrovers pitch in to help.

I was getting married on Saturday so couldn't make the meeting but if details can be pm'd on what was discussed we would love to get involved.


getting married on a matchday? are you mad?

Have already messaged Broony. But if you're not playing on Saturday, feel free to come along to Styx for chat. The admin group are meeting at 12.30 where we'll be discussing the progress of proposals, and I don't see an issue if you'd like to come along for a chat. we aim to be as open and transparent as possible.


If you thought that was bad you haven't seen the stag photo's!!! Confused

Munrovers have a free week this week so I'll pop up on Saturday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a wee update on this, (same as post in General Forum)

suppportrovers@aol.co.uk

the fundraising leads meet regularly to discuss new proposals with Dave Wann, and get feedback from the board.

We've been a bit quiet online lately, but that's purely because we've been busy putting things into action as we have had a very good response so far, but want to get things confirmed first before we start publicising.

In the last 2 weeks alone, we've been working on the following:

Ideas given the go ahead

- Fifa '12 tournament on 19th November
- Comedy & band night at Kitty's & Kandy, 27th November
- 7-a-side tournament at Stark's Park, provisional date 19th May (pending Rovers avoiding playoffs and Scottish Cup final)
- Decembeard fundraiser
- sponsored cycle to Dens Park next year
- 'Big Blue Bin'
- Business-sponsored wall tiles

Plus 2 events already organised:
- 200 club race night
- Jim MacMillan Club dinner dance

Ideas in progress/under discussion
- player auction
- i-phone application
- 'leap of Raith' sponsored bungee jump
- DVD
- Roary's Xmas Party (provisionally booked for 11th December, pending further discussions)
- merchandise opportunities
- fanzine re-launch

There are also a number of other proposals being developed, but out of respect for those working on them don't want to say too much for now.
We've also had a number of local businesses contact us wanting to help out and get involved, which should increase our potential.

Given that the fundraising group was only formed less than 3 weeks ago, I'd say we're doing pretty well so far

One thing to note though - contrary to what was announced at half time at Stark's Park on Saturday, the Fife Free Press are not the liason between the fans and the board, so please don't send your ideas to them. They will publicise any fundraisers for us, but they won't put them into action. This is a fan-led initiative supported by the Fife Free Press, the club and local businesses, who have all been tremendous in their support for the cause.

Dave Wann sits on the fundraising group and all ideas put forward are discussed with him. However, it is important that your ideas are raised via the email account suppportrovers@aol.co.uk so we can keep track of them and feed back to people directly.

Anyone is welcome to come along to meet us at our meetings, which are at 12.30 in Styx prior to home matches. We're not a 'secret society', we just want to get the supporters ideas up and running without any 'red tape'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sonofwallace



Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 7374
Location: kirkcaldy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is things going as regards tkt sales and organising of band and comedy night at kittys ?
_________________
YOULL NEVER WALK ALONE
JUSTICE FOR THE 96
6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE
27/11/94
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soundwave



Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 819
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonofwallace wrote:
How is things going as regards tkt sales and organising of band and comedy night at kittys ?


don't know. Kitty's, ACA Sports and the FFP are doing all the organising.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Fantalk Forum Index -> Fundraisers & Maintenance All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group. Hosted by phpBB.BizHat.com

Free Web Hosting | File Hosting | Photo Gallery | Matrimonial


Powered by PhpBB.BizHat.com, setup your forum now!
For Support, visit Forums.BizHat.com